We have been using this recipe for years and it is still one of our favorites around here! Follow these easy steps to make a healthy, refreshing treat that has only two ingredients with no added sugar or artificial ingredients. Try this recipe with peaches in the same way, which is absolutely delicious! Or combine the magoes and peaches and see what happens!
You can also use frozen bananas and vanilla extract instead of the citrus juice for a mock vanilla ice cream…sooo many options!
One mango per person
1 Tablespoon Lemon OR Lime juice
We use a lot of mangoes, so I use the mango slicer to remove each half from the pit and then cut the mango into chunks while still in the skin, and then turn the skin inside out to remove the chunks with a knife.
- Cut your mango into chunks (see the chart below from Ambitous Kitchen or use a mango slicer, pictured)
- Lay the mangoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, keeping them separated, and freeze until solid.
- Place the frozen mango into a food processor or a blender, along with your choice of lemon OR lime juice and blend until smooth.
- The mixture will appear crumbly until it gets smooth. Be patient and keep it going until it is smooth and creamy, but still frozen.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a container and freeze for a few hours until needed.
- This recipe will not keep frozen for more than a few hours!
One thought on “Mango Sorbet”
Comments are closed.