Listen to the things you say under your breath to yourself, about yourself. Are those things negative in any way? You might not think so, but think about it and write down the things you say for even just one day and see what your list reveals. You will be shocked!
You are meant to have an amazing life. You are meant to wake up every day filled with excitement for the day ahead. If you feel you are not living with excitement and in harmony with the world around you every day, you may not be practicing gratitude and positivity on a daily basis. If you find you have good luck sometimes, then you might be feeling positive only some of the time.
How you feel and the feelings you exude, are like a magnet. You get what you give. If you give a smile, chances are, you will get one in return. If you scowl at someone and grumble under your breath, people might tend to just stay away from you. And the things we think about ourselves are no different. If you think negative thoughts, you will feel bad and have a bad day. Why do we tend to put ourselves down so much? Our words have such power, and we tend to believe the things we tell ourselves.
As a health coach, we help people work on mindset part of becoming healthy because when your mind is in a healthy place, the food and the fitness will immediately follow. Most of the time, the negative things we say are just complaints and we blame everything outside ourselves for the reasons things are the way they are instead of working on fixing them. When we take a positive outlook on things, they might just get better. When we have faith and trust that the opposite can be true just as much, and we take inspired action, we create a better here and now. Of course there will be challenges, and you are meant to have those, so we know the difference.
Here are a few negative things I hear a lot from all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds:
- I hate my hair
- Ugh, I am so fat
- I look so old, I have too many wrinkles
- My boss is a jerk and I hate my job
- I wish I didn’t live in this chaos
- I never have enough money to pay bills
- I will never find the right partner
- When will the season finally change, I can’t stand it anymore
Have you ever felt or thought like that? Is it just a phase or is it a constant chatter in your head every day? When life gets tough, we tend to go inside ourselves and pick on our worst parts.
But what if we turned that around? There is a way. We should be lifting ourselves up and our souls should be shining! We do that by practicing gratitude and positivity. But where do we start? It starts with one day, and then the next and so on. It doesn’t come naturally to most of us. It is not something we are taught in school or during childhood. But there is a process and I can show you how: Join my 10-Day Spring Into Gratefulness Challenge. We will begin with the basics of working on ten different topics that will help you build your happy and grateful attitude. Those topics are things we think about all the time: health, fitness, money, career, etc. Once you begin this Gratefulness journey, your life will begin to blossom with opportunity and possibility!
So, here is how we can rephrase some of those negatives and turn it into a soul-shining positive:
- Even though my hair is hard to work with, I found a cut I really love that works well for me right now!
- Even though I am not at my ideal weight, I am feeling so much better with the healthier food choices I am making.
- I cannot change my age, so I am choosing to embrace the wrinkles
- My boss must be under a lot of pressure to constantly be in such a bad mood all the time. I am so glad my job is easier than that.
- I will take an hour every day after work to clean and organize one section of (whatever is in chaos) so that in one month, I can come home from work and just relax and breathe.
- I may not be a millionaire, but I have all that I need to live a full life: food, heat, water, entertainment, car, friends, etc.
- I have not found Mr/Mrs Right yet, but I am enjoying the process of meeting and getting to know new people in the meantime.
- I love how when I feel like the season is dragging on too long, it seems to change all of a sudden, and that makes me happy.
If you want to change even one small aspect of your life, it all begins with YOU! Make the choice to join the 10-Day Spring Into Gratefulness Challenge and find a world of possibility. Change is hard, facing certain facts might not be easy, but it is doable without too much time or effort. And the results will be as amazing as you are a unique being. Join me for the fun, interesting and enlightening 10-Day Spring Into Gratefulness Challenge and choose to make the changes you have been yearning for.