I am happy to announce we have a variety of online fitness classes on Zoom.
Strength Training classes and WalkFit classes sponsored by the Glocester Senior Center in Chepachet and Generations at Chopmist Hill Inn in Scituate and by Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Rhode Island.
If would like to take Essentrics classes, go to Essentrics
REGISTERING FOR CLASSES:
Click the JOIN button to register for EACH class you would like to take below. Once you successfully register, your confirmation includes the log-in information needed to join for that class using the Zoom app.
Please write down the log-in MEETING ID#/PASSWORD
for EACH class as this is the only confirmation you will receive.
You will need this info when you join the Zoom meeting on class day/time.
These log-ins are the same for each class, week to week.
Sharing the REGISTRATION LINKS with family and friends is encouraged.
However, please refrain from giving out the Meeting ID/Passwords once you have it.
It is really important to let people register for classes by clicking the JOIN buttons below.
Bone Builders at Glocester Senior Center is an in-person class only.
Tuesdays – 10:30am
Fridays – 9:15am
Zoom classes are available and taught by Lynne Rheume. Please contact John Dionne at the Village at Waterman Lake for log-in details for those classes at 401-949-1333.
Strength Training classes are Zoom only.
Mondays – 9am
Strength Training – Arms, Legs & Core Circuit
Register here and Share this link: bit.ly/scituatestrong
This class is sponsored by Scituate Senior Center AND Blue Cross/Blue Shield of RI
Tuesday/Thursday classes share a log-in code which is different from the Monday code. You have to sign up using both links above and below if you want to take all three classes.
Tuesdays – 9am
Strength Training – Arms & Core Circuit
Thursdays – 9am
Strength Training – Legs & Core Circuit
Register here and Share this link: bit.ly/onlinestrong
These classes are sponsored by Raindrop, Glocester Senior Center AND Blue Cross/Blue Shield of RI
How to participate in our video classes:
- If needed, use the one-click link in the success confirmation to install the Zoom app on your device (android, iPhone, iPad, laptop or desktop)
- Log in using the Meeting ID/Password in the app on the day/time of class.
- I will log in right at class time.
- If you log in early, it will prompt you to wait for me to arrive.
- The workout will begin right away and last about 40 minutes.
- Upon log in, I will mute all audio but you’ll be able to see and hear me.
- You can unmute at the end to say a few words, or type in the chat box.
- Make sure you have at least a yoga mat-sized space to exercise in.
- Have a straight-backed chair for sit-ups, leg work and for balance.
- For Strength Training, use 1-5 pound hand weights for arm exercises
- Refrain from using ankle weights for leg exercises at this time.
- For Essentrics, go barefoot and use a yoga mat.
- Work within your range of motion, and please, never workout in pain.
- Drink water and don’t forget to Breathe, Smile and Sparkle!
I am so excited about these video classes and I look forward to “seeing” you in class.
Please email me with any questions about the Zoom.us software or logging in.
If you are new to Essentrics with me, four classes in the Small Group Sessions is required to move into the Large Group Classes. To register for Essentrics classes with me, go to Essentrics.
Participants who have taken classes with me at Glocester Senior Center, Lincoln Senior Center or the Pascoag Public Library prior to the COVID-19 lockdown are welcome to join our regular Large Group Classes. Verification is required by providing your full name and the location where you took classes with me.
Go to the Essentrics page for class schedule and to register.