I so enjoy a good peach cobbler, especially raw! You will never miss the crust or the over-cooked, softened peaches. Instead, you will enjoy firm fruit with the syrupy maple undertones of the dates combined with a nice crunch from the pistachios. It is so amazing and one of my seasonal favorites! It requires very few ingredients, only two appliances, and is ready to eat as soon as you complete all the steps!
- 5-6 Fresh Ripe Peaches, Sliced or Diced
- Juice of 1 Lemon, or less if desired
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 cup Medjool Dates, pitted & rough chopped
- 1 cup RAW Pistachio Nuts
- 2 T Chia Seeds, optional
- Pinch of sea salt, optional
- Cinnamon, optional
- Zest the lemon. Squeeze the juice from the lemon, remove the seeds and set both aside.
- Add pistachios to a food processor. Pulse about 4 times to break them down into smaller pieces.
- Rough chop the dates and remove pits. Add the dates and salt to the pistachios in the food processor and pulse until it forms a crumbly “dough”. Set aside.
- Slice or dice the peaches and put into a large bowl. Add the lemon zest and juice and chia seeds mix thoroughly.
- Add one cup of the peach mixture to a blender along with 2-3T of the medjool date/nut mixture. Blend until combined. Add this mixture to the peaches and stir to combine until well-coated. This is the part that will give you the feeling of eating a baked cobbler. It creates the gooey filling.
- In a beautiful bowl, spread half of the date/nut mixture loosely on the bottom. Pour the peach mixture on top and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the rest of the date/nut crumble on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You may want to add a little bit of cinnamon to taste to any of the steps: either in the date/nut mixture, in with the peaches, or in with the blended gooey peach filling.
- The chia seeds add no flavor, and is used as a thickener as well as provides fiber and protein to your dessert. However, you may use non-gmo corn flower or tapioca to create the thickening agent that chia inherently creates.
When preparing fresh, whole-food dishes, I feel it is important to enjoy the process, creating beauty with every step. Then, serving it from a beautiful vessel into smaller ones, just makes it so decadent. I love how the contrast of the orange-yellow peaches with the brown dates and the green pistachios are enhanced by the white dish. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!